Dedicated to improving the quality of legal practice in Colorado's federal courts.
THE FFA ROUNDTABLE IS BACK!
The Faculty of Federal Advocates
Federal Bench-Bar Roundtable
Friday, October 14, 2022
Westin Denver Downtown
1672 Lawrence Street, Denver
This program offers a unique opportunity to engage in a series of roundtable discussions between Federal District Judges, Magistrate Judges and federal court practitioners. The half-day session will include three rounds of discussions at tables with a federal judge at each.
Federal judges scheduled to participate in the Roundtable include:
U.S. District Court Chief Judge Philip Brimmer
U.S. District Court Judge Christine Arguello
U.S. District Court Judge Judge Robert Blackburn
U.S. District Court Magistrate Judge Michael Hegarty
U.S. District Court Magistrate Judge Kristen Mix
U.S. District Court Magistrate Judge Scott Varholak
U.S. District Court Magistrate Judge Reid Neureiter
U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Thomas McNamara
U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Cathleen Parker
U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Judge Michael Romero
The discussions will be topics relevant to pre-trial and trial issues, including:
* Legal Writing Tips and Tricks: How to Make the Judge’s Life Easier
* What Judges Wish Lawyers Knew
* Rules of the Game: Evidentiary Rules and Making Objections
* Telling Your Story: Tips for the Presentation of Evidence and Avoiding Common Missteps
* Selecting a Jury: Voir Dire and Other Considerations
* Expert Witnesses: Rule 702, Daubert, and Presenting and Challenging Expert Testimony
* Finding a Resolution: Tips for a Successful Settlement Conference
* Motion Practice: How to Use Motions to Advance the Case and Assist the Court
*Professionalism and Civility: Ensuring Professional Standards Inside and Outside the Courtroom
* Breaking Rote Habits: Getting to Trial Faster, Magistrate Judge Consent, and Other Tips for Creative Litigation
When registering, please indicate your first three choices of topics. We will do our best to accommodate those choices when doing the table assignments.
Written materials are available HERE.
4 general credits approved.
Copyright © 2004-2019, Faculty of Federal Advocates. All rights reserved.